Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the soup, water and sage.
- 3. Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.