- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the soup, water and sage.
- Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
"Identical to a Campbell's soup recipe I've been making for years. I leave out the green pepper and replace the water with an equal amount of apple juice. Delish!"
"We really like this meal. I add more carrots than called for and I also like to add some celery. I usually make this in my crockpot for an easy meal and serve it over noodles. I make it often."
"Pretty good. Served it with rice. Will double the sauce next time, since it didn't make enough for hubby and me. But will be making this again."