These savory chops served with mashed potatoes satisfy any hearty appetite. It is a very colorful dish and is nice to serve to guests, too. -Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the soup, water and sage.
- Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables in Reminisce September/October 2003, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review