Saucy Pork Chop Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces)
- Dash pepper
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash onion powder
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Season pork chop with pepper; place in a small nonstick skillet. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and cinnamon; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove pork chop and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over pork. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 241 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chop
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.