- 3 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Remove pork to a serving plate; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix flour and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chop Skillet
"This was a good meal. I am always looking for different things to make for dinner. Flavors were a little different."
"We didn't really like this recipe. My pork was tough."
"this was a pleasant surprise!! The sauce was delicious and had a nice kick. I served with carrots, salad and instead of white rice, which we don't care for, I served with a chicken flavored rice. Will be making this again for sure!!!"
"I did not particularly care for the blend of flavors in this dish. But since my husband liked it pretty well, I averaged our reviews to a 3."
"Very tasty! The sauce was awesome and my husband loved the dish. I usually dread pork chops because they always turn out dry when I cook them, but this recipe made them moist and delicious."
"Great for a week night! I used boxed four cheese rice, which tasted yummy with it, along with fresh steamed broccoli. I did salt and pepper the chops....definitely needed it. But this is an outstanding recipe!"
"I would make this again as an alternative to my usual pork chops."
"I made this last night. It was good. I served it with mashed potatoes. The sauce was nice and the pork chops were tender and juicy. Simple and quick."
"Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty! Served it with basmati rice and fresh green beans. This one is a keeper. Next time I make it, I will add some minced garlic with the onions."
"This was an easy recipe and turned out GREAT! It's a definite keeper for my recipe box. I used the thick center-cut boneless pork chops and peppered them and gave them a light dusting of Tony Chachere's before browning (not sure if that was necessary, but my they were a hit)."