Saucy Pork Chop Skillet Recipe
- 3 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Cook and stir onion in drippings over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, parsley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Return pork to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Remove pork to a serving plate. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over pork; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chop Skillet(9)
Sort By :
I made this last night. It was good. I served it with mashed potatoes. The sauce was nice and the pork chops were tender and juicy. Simple and quick.
Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty! Served it with basmati rice and fresh green beans. This one is a keeper. Next time I make it, I will add some minced garlic with the onions.
This was an easy recipe and turned out GREAT! It's a definite keeper for my recipe box. I used the thick center-cut boneless pork chops and peppered them and gave them a light dusting of Tony Chachere's before browning (not sure if that was necessary, but my they were a hit).
This was quick and easy, my family loved it.
This was so easy to make and delicious. The simple ingredients made a very favorful meal. Served with rice and broccoli. Will definetly make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >