Saucy Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef and garlic salt. Shape into eight patties; top four of patties with cheese. Cover with remaining patties; press edges to seal. Refrigerate.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the pizza sauce, mushrooms and oregano; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- 3. Pan-fry, grill or broil burgers until no longer pink. Spread bottoms of buns with a little of the sauce; top with burgers, onion and remaining sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 490 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Pizza Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.