Saucy Peach Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and basil. Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set peaches aside. Stir the syrup mixture, vinegar and soy sauce into the brown sugar mixture until smooth.
- 3. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir syrup mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Add peaches; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 329 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Saucy Peach Chicken
"Wonderful, light, and fresh dish. 1/2 tbs of dried basil does not really cut it. I used a TBS of dried basil, then garnished it with another 2 TBS of fresh basil.... awesome."