Ellen Schroeder of Reedsburg, Wisconsin pairs basil and peaches with tender chicken breast to create a tangy entree that’s a mouthwatering success!—Ellen Schroeder, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and basil. Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set peaches aside. Stir the syrup mixture, vinegar and soy sauce into the brown sugar mixture until smooth.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir syrup mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Add peaches; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Peach Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p7
Reviews for Saucy Peach Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review