Ellen Schroeder of Reedsburg, Wisconsin pairs basil and peaches with tender chicken breast to create a tangy entree that’s a mouthwatering success!—Ellen Schroeder, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and basil. Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set peaches aside. Stir the syrup mixture, vinegar and soy sauce into the brown sugar mixture until smooth.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir syrup mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Add peaches; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Peach Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p7
Reviews for Saucy Peach Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
"Wonderful, light, and fresh dish. 1/2 tbs of dried basil does not really cut it. I used a TBS of dried basil, then garnished it with another 2 TBS of fresh basil.... awesome."