Saucy Peach-Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- 2. Add broth and sherry to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the preserves, garlic and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar. Return chicken to the skillet; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.