- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth and sherry to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the preserves, garlic and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar. Return chicken to the skillet; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Peach-Balsamic Chicken
Sort By :
"This was a wonderful restaurant worthy dish. I LOVED it. Mine looked much better than the picture. I didn't have the peach preserves so I used apricot and crushed the garlic which provides a much stronger garlic flavor. I also added 1 Tablespoon of flour to the sauce to thicken it. I will definitely make this again. Even my very picky teenage son liked it. Great over rice."
"Would this be as good using a pork tenderloin? I think it would make a wonderful entree for dinner guests. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks"
"It's a great standby as it's quick and easy. The taste is fantastic, and I've experimented with different fruits with great results. Orange or pineapple are every bit as good as the original."
"I used pork chops and it was great. I may double the "sauce" next time. My husband insists on having "gravy" and this sauce was tasty on rice."
"This was a huge success! I used Smucker's Sugar-Free Peach Preserves and added a vidilia onion. Served it with/over whole wheat cous-cous and a hearty vegetable salad. It was loved by all and reheats perfectly."