I throw this sweet-savory chicken dish together in no time on a weeknight. I serve it with rice and steamed broccoli, and the whole family loves it. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth and sherry to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the preserves, garlic and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar. Return chicken to the skillet; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Peach-Balsamic Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Peach-Balsamic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review