- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth and sherry to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the preserves, garlic and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar. Return chicken to the skillet; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Peach-Balsamic Chicken
"Great flavor! Definitely worth making!- Theresa"
"This was really flavorful and quick enough for a weeknight meal. Will definitely make again!"
"My husband loved this! I used chicken thighs with skins (he likes those) and, not having peach preserves, I used a can of Solo apricot filling. I doubled the recipe & froze servings for my sons, who don't live at home. Served over wild rice - a very tasty recipe!"
"This is a great tasting recipe! I cut the chicken into thick slices and increased the sauce by half. When DH tested the sauce, he put in a little crushed red pepper to get that sweet/sour/hot balance."
"This was a wonderful restaurant worthy dish. I LOVED it. Mine looked much better than the picture. I didn't have the peach preserves so I used apricot and crushed the garlic which provides a much stronger garlic flavor. I also added 1 Tablespoon of flour to the sauce to thicken it. I will definitely make this again. Even my very picky teenage son liked it. Great over rice."
"I used pork chops and it was great. I may double the "sauce" next time. My husband insists on having "gravy" and this sauce was tasty on rice."
"This was a huge success! I used Smucker's Sugar-Free Peach Preserves and added a vidilia onion. Served it with/over whole wheat cous-cous and a hearty vegetable salad. It was loved by all and reheats perfectly."