- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, beer, curry, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 24-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Parmesan Chicken
"i agree with mjlouk - this is okay but not good enough to make again. i didn't like the beer taste in the sauce."
"This was okay but not fantastic."
"Prepared this last night after a busy day with not much time to think about supper. Husband loved it; served with the mushroom couscous (pg 15) and sauted baby spinach. We are only two so I needed to cut the recipe down, which still worked fine. Definitely a keeper."