Saucy Orange Shrimp
On a trip to New Orleans, my husband picked up some fresh Gulf shrimp. The wife of the shrimp boat captain sent this recipe along with him. It's our favorite way to prepare shrimp. —Gloria, Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 pounds uncooked large shrimp in the shell
- 2 cups butter
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon each lemon-pepper seasoning, paprika, dried parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and barbecue or hickory seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place shrimp in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a saucepan, melt
- butter. Add orange slices; cook and stir until oranges fall apart.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Pour over the
- shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 330 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 269 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.