Saucy Orange Shrimp Recipe
On a trip to New Orleans, my husband picked up some fresh Gulf shrimp. The wife of the shrimp boat captain sent this recipe along with him. It's our favorite way to prepare shrimp. —Gloria, Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 4 pounds uncooked large shrimp in the shell
- 2 cups butter
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon each lemon-pepper seasoning, paprika, dried parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and barbecue or hickory seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Place shrimp in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add orange slices; cook and stir until oranges fall apart. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Pour over the shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 330 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 269mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Orange Shrimp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC