On a trip to New Orleans, my husband picked up some fresh Gulf shrimp. The wife of the shrimp boat captain sent this recipe along with him. It's our favorite way to prepare shrimp. —Gloria, Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
- 4 pounds uncooked large shrimp in the shell
- 2 cups butter
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon each lemon-pepper seasoning, paprika, dried parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and barbecue or hickory seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place shrimp in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add orange slices; cook and stir until oranges fall apart. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Pour over the shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Orange Shrimp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p221
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Orange Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review