Saucy Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange slices and fresh tarragon, optional
- 1. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Stir in orange peel and tarragon; set aside.
- 2. Place fish in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, with the thickest side toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 3. Top with orange sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange slices and fresh tarragon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 111 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Saucy Orange Roughy
"This has been one of my go to recipes for a busy day ever since I first saw it several years ago. Super easy and absolutely delicious."
"I was surprised, but it actually was pretty good microwaved. It was quite tasty with the sauce."
"micro wave good fresh fish...Hmmmm don't think so"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.