Both the seafood and citrus lovers in your home will request this entree time and again. Not only are the orange roughy fillets tender and the sauce delicious, but the dish is ready in moments. I haven't found anyone who didn't think it was wonderful! -Bette Hunn, Orosi, California
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange slices and fresh tarragon, optional
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Stir in orange peel and tarragon; set aside.
- Place fish in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, with the thickest side toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Top with orange sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange slices and fresh tarragon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Orange Roughy in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review