Saucy Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange slices and fresh tarragon, optional
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Stir in orange peel and tarragon; set aside.
- Place fish in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, with the thickest side toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Top with orange sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange slices and fresh tarragon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Orange Roughy
Sort By :
This has been one of my go to recipes for a busy day ever since I first saw it several years ago. Super easy and absolutely delicious.
I was surprised, but it actually was pretty good microwaved. It was quite tasty with the sauce.
micro wave good fresh fish...Hmmmm don't think so
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >