- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape turkey mixture into
- 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in
- batches; drain and set aside.
- For sauce, in the same skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add
- garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually add the beef and chicken broths. Stir in the salt, pepper
- and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Add meatballs; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 9-11 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cut each bun in half lengthwise, leaving one side
- attached. Place buns, cut sides up, on baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until toasted.
- Top buns with meatballs and onions; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-4
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining sauce
- for dipping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 775 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,910 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.