Fresh mushrooms take center stage in this flavorful recipe from Ellen Benninger of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania. Serve the mouthwatering morsels over noodles or rice, or alongside beef.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, soy sauce and sugar; pour over mushrooms and
- toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir
- into mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.