Saucy Mushroom Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chops on both sides in 1 teaspoon oil; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add wine, stirring up any browned bits; cook for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Return pork chops to the pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.