- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, paprika, dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and remaining seasoning mixture in remaining oil until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; stir 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and wine or additional broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
I make this at least once a month. I serve it to company as well and always get a good response. One of my favorite meals.
I made this with 3lbs of chicken and whole baby bella mushrooms, I added 1/3 more of each ingredient to make up the difference in chicken. The flavor was great and the spices really seal into the chicken when you cook them the first time. We had garlic mashed potatoes on the side and they mixed well with the sauce.