- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, paprika, dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and remaining seasoning mixture in remaining oil until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; stir 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and wine or additional broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Mushroom Chicken
"I make this at least once a month. I serve it to company as well and always get a good response. One of my favorite meals."
"I made this with 3lbs of chicken and whole baby bella mushrooms, I added 1/3 more of each ingredient to make up the difference in chicken. The flavor was great and the spices really seal into the chicken when you cook them the first time. We had garlic mashed potatoes on the side and they mixed well with the sauce."
"Absolutely delicious. I substituted fat-free half-and-half for heavy whipping cream, and served over mashed redskin potatoes."
"My daughter-in-law made this last night for us. It was very good. I got the recipe and will try it at home."
"This recipe is very good!I made it twice for my family it is worth trying."
"Probably the best chicken recipe I have ever made! Easy and quick to fix. Absolutely delicious!! You'll want to lick the spoon and pan clean!"