Aline Eyre of Sarnia, Ontario writes, “I'd planned on grilling out one night, but it rained, so I came up with this tasty recipe, and now I make it for company!”
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, paprika, dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and remaining seasoning mixture in remaining oil until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; stir 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and wine or additional broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Mushroom Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review