Saucy Mocha Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugars and cocoa. Stir in coffee; keep warm over low heat. For cake, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Pour mocha sauce slowly over the batter. Do not stir.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. When finished, the cake will float in the hot mocha sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: about 9 servings.
1 piece: 278 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Saucy Mocha Pudding
"[quote user="pilylons"] I do not want to have coffee in any of my foods, is there a substute for it??[/quote] Well, the coffee is what makes it mocha, but if you really don't want to use it, you could just use water. You might need to increase the cocoa a bit, though, to make up for the flavor lost. I'd make it and then taste before adding any extra."
"I do not want to have coffee in any of my foods, is there a substute for it??"