Saucy Mocha Pudding Recipe
Both my grandmother and mother made this dessert. I have five children, though (four grandchildren now also)—when my turn at the recipe came, I learned it was best to double it! We've eaten Saucy Mocha Pudding with ice cream and whipped cream, but it's scrumptious just plain. It's very easy to prepare. So don't wait for a special occasion to try it...it sweetness any meal.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugars and cocoa. Stir in coffee; keep warm over low heat. For cake, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Pour mocha sauce slowly over the batter. Do not stir.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. When finished, the cake will float in the hot mocha sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: about 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 278 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Mocha Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC