Saucy Microwave Meatballs Recipe
These moist meatballs are a speedy way to make an Italian-style meal. They're ready in just minutes in the microwave.—Edna Denny, Pine Island, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion and salt. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place half of the meatballs in a microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until meatballs are firm and no longer pink; drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved, stirring every 15 seconds. Pour over meatballs. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC