- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion and salt. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place half of the meatballs in a microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until meatballs are firm and no longer pink; drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved, stirring every 15 seconds. Pour over meatballs. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Microwave Meatballs in Country Woman September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Saucy Microwave Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >