Saucy Macaroni Skillet Recipe
Madison, Alabama's Linda Stevens takes mac-and-cheese recipes to a new level with this creamy comfort food full of turkey, vegetables and crunchy almonds. Linda often pops the entree in the oven, but the dish comes together just as successfully on the stovetop.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended. Add the cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- 2. Drain macaroni. Add the macaroni, turkey, pimientos, salt and nutmeg to the soup mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 509 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Macaroni Skillet
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC