Saucy Macaroni Skillet Recipe
Madison, Alabama's Linda Stevens takes mac-and-cheese recipes to a new level with this creamy comfort food full of turkey, vegetables and crunchy almonds. Linda often pops the entree in the oven, but the dish comes together just as successfully on the stovetop.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended. Add the cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- 2. Drain macaroni. Add the macaroni, turkey, pimientos, salt and nutmeg to the soup mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 509 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 975 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Macaroni Skillet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC