Saucy Macaroni Skillet Recipe
Madison, Alabama's Linda Stevens takes mac-and-cheese recipes to a new level with this creamy comfort food full of turkey, vegetables and crunchy almonds. Linda often pops the entree in the oven, but the dish comes together just as successfully on the stovetop.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended. Add the cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- Drain macaroni. Add the macaroni, turkey, pimientos, salt and nutmeg to the soup mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Macaroni Skillet in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p19
Reviews for Saucy Macaroni Skillet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Turkey Casserole >