Saucy Mac & Cheese Recipe
I love the crazy noodles in this creamy recipe. If you can't find the Cavatappi, it's sometimes called cellentani pasta. This dish is fun to make and it looks pretty topped with extra cheese and golden crumbs. I add ground pepper to my serving. Sara Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 2 cups cavatappi or spiral pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in process cheese until melted.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Mac & Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC