Saucy Lima Beans
This side dish was always a staple at my grandmother's delicious dinners when I was a child. It has continued to be a favorite for my entire family.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, cook lima beans according to package directions;
- drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. In a small skillet,
- saute onion in butter. Stir in the cream, parsley, dill, salt,
- pepper and reserved cooking liquid. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until
- butter is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 308 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 12 g protein.