Saucy Italian Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms and onion. Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with pasta and pan juices. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef (calculated without pasta): 218 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Italian Roast
"I've made this 3 times. It's a meal guys really tuck into--girls too, by the way! Not the same old roast with carrots and potatoes--something a bit unexpected."
"I tried it today. Pretty good but still can't figure out why the beef is dry. Any ideas?"
"Loved loved loved it! You had me at spaghetti sauce. I served it with red wine. Soooo good! Will make again."
"This is a delicious meal to cook in the slow cooker. The roast was delicious. We will definitely have this again. So easy and so good. I highly recommend this as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"I thought this was tasty, but my husband was not so enthusiastic. Maybe it was the type of spaghetti sauce I used."
"This was surprisingly good! I used a chuck roast and shredded it, the red wine added a very nice flavor. Sauce was a little thin."
"Delicious and so easy. This will become a regular at our house."
"This was ok. I'm not a big roast person, but the rest of the family loved it."
"This is very yummy! A very good variation for a roast. Definitely a keeper! Thank you for sharing!"
"This is great! My picky eater ate 3 helping of it!"
"This is a delicious receipe. I keep it marked in my book"
"This is a great tasting roast even tender as left-overs. I will make again soon becacause You can let it cook 2 hours longer will you work a full day."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.