- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- Hot cooked pasta
- Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms and onion. Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with pasta and pan juices. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Italian Roast
Sort By :
"This is a delicious meal to cook in the slow cooker. The roast was delicious. We will definitely have this again. So easy and so good. I highly recommend this as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"I thought this was tasty, but my husband was not so enthusiastic. Maybe it was the type of spaghetti sauce I used."
"This was surprisingly good! I used a chuck roast and shredded it, the red wine added a very nice flavor. Sauce was a little thin."
"Delicious and so easy. This will become a regular at our house."
"Easy meal. Combine the ingredients the night before and then just put it in the slow cooker on my way out the door. Come home to raves at dinner time."