- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, orzo and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Italian Orzo
Sort By :
"This was really tasty! I did need to double the Italian seasoning, and added a good amount of kosher salt and black pepper. My family was not a fan of the spinach and everyone ate around the pieces! My husband suggested to make it again but without the spinach and to use it for lettuce wraps! It was so delicious and I think if we use the meat mixture that way it will be perfect!"
"This is very good and simple to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"Delicious! My husband and I loved it, especially with some shredded Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I couldn't wait until lunch to eat some of the leftovers so I had it for breakfast this morning :) Leftovers warmed up really good! Will definitely make this again."
"I was looking for a recipe to use up the orzo that's been sitting in my pantry and this was perfect. Easy, quick, and satisfying! Even better when topped with freshly grated parm."
"The family loves this! Delish!"