Orzo is a fun twist in this hearty, saucy Italian dish. Spinach not only provides color and flavor, but also gives this meal a healthy kick. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, orzo and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Italian Orzo in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p12
Reviews for Saucy Italian Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review