Saucy Italian Orzo Recipe
Orzo is a fun twist in this hearty, saucy Italian dish. Spinach not only provides color and flavor, but also gives this meal a healthy kick. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, orzo and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Italian Orzo
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC