- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- For the barbecue sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now