Saucy Ham and Rice
This recipe is a tasty takeoff on beef Stroganoff. It is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover ham, so I prepare it for him at least once a month.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Add the
- celery, green pepper and onion; saute until tender.
- Stir in the soup, mustard, dill and celery salt; stir until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 269 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,676 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.