My Mamaw in Kentucky used this "dip" as she called it on many grilled meats including chicken and steak. —Misty Schneider, Bayport, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave butter, covered, until melted; add brown sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve 2/3 cup for drizzling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush pork chops with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir sauce to combine and gently reheat if necessary; drizzle over pork chops. Top with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Grilled Pork Chops in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Grilled Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
"Simple, easy, delicious. Great weeknight dinner option."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2012
"This was simple and good. Nothing to necessarily write home about, but a quick, easy and good dinner for the family."