My Mamaw in Kentucky used this "dip" as she called it on many grilled meats including chicken and steak. —Misty Schneider, Bayport, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave butter, covered, until melted; add brown sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve 2/3 cup for drizzling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush pork chops with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir sauce to combine and gently reheat if necessary; drizzle over pork chops. Top with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Grilled Pork Chops in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Grilled Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
"Simple, easy, delicious. Great weeknight dinner option."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2012
"This was simple and good. Nothing to necessarily write home about, but a quick, easy and good dinner for the family."