Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Don't worry about the beer in the sauce—it's just root beer, which is a subtle undertone to the yummy sauce. —Terri Kandell, Addison, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 2 hours Grill: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Set aside 3 cups of sauce for basting and serving.
- 3. Brush remaining sauce over ribs. Place bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved sauce. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 603 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 1,046 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC