Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Set aside 3 cups of sauce for basting and serving.
- 3. Brush remaining sauce over ribs. Place bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- 4. On a greased grill, cook ribs, covered, over medium heat 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved sauce. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 603 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1046mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (35g sugars, trace fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs
"I used boneless country style spare ribs. The sauce was very tasty. I had enough left over to use it on top of the All American Meat Loaf recipe (another Taste of Home keeper)!"
"These were the best ribs I've ever made! Even the hubby agreed...!"
"This is a fabulous recipe! These ribs are delicious!"
"Fixed these last night reminded me of the ribs I had in Texas and St Louis. Yes the meat is to fall off the bone. Any good griller will tell you that need to watch Diners, Drive-ins and dives BBQ edition. May learn something..."
"Fall off the bone tender and great flavor is EXACTLY what my friends and family want - we don't like the tougher, chewy kind."
"Grilled them low and slow to get a good smoke ring. You couldn't tell them from one's that had been marinated overnight and smoked for hours, you gotta give them a try."
"No rub and cooked in sauce, believe I will pass. Only thing Terri didn't mention is that they are fall off the bone tender. Fall off the bone tender its NOT what you are looking for in your ribs."