- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- In a large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Set aside 3 cups of sauce for basting and serving.
- Brush remaining sauce over ribs. Place bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved sauce. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Sort By :
This is a fabulous recipe! These ribs are delicious!
Fixed these last night reminded me of the ribs I had in Texas and St Louis. Yes the meat is to fall off the bone. Any good griller will tell you that need to watch Diners, Drive-ins and dives BBQ edition. May learn something...
Fall off the bone tender and great flavor is EXACTLY what my friends and family want - we don't like the tougher, chewy kind.
Grilled them low and slow to get a good smoke ring. You couldn't tell them from one's that had been marinated overnight and smoked for hours, you gotta give them a try.