Don't worry about the beer in the sauce—it's just root beer, which is a subtle undertone to the yummy sauce. —Terri Kandell, Addison, Michigan
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- In a large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Set aside 3 cups of sauce for basting and serving.
- Brush remaining sauce over ribs. Place bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved sauce. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Reviews for Saucy Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review