Saucy Green Bean Bake Recipe
Here's a different way to serve green beans. It's a nice change of pace from plain vegetables.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the green beans; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle over beans. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 123 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Saucy Green Bean Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC