Saucy Green Bean Bake
Here's a different way to serve green beans. It's a nice change of pace from plain vegetables.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the green
- beans; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and
- garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle over beans. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.