- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the green beans; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle over beans. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Green Bean Bake in Country Extra November 2001, p51
Reviews for Saucy Green Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2016
"I liked this recipe. I was looking for something a little different from the normal green bean casserole. I did use cheddar cheese instead of the processed cheese it called for."