Saucy Garlic Chicken for Two Recipe
- 2 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta
- Chopped tomato and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs; brush bulbs with half the oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil on both sides; place over spinach.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese, nutmeg and remaining salt. Transfer to a blender; squeeze softened garlic into blender. Cover and process until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Garlic Chicken for Two(4)
Sort By :
Followed recipe. The sauce was very good but not the "WOW" I was looking for.
I think that this would be better made with broccoli. The sauce was good. The spinach tasted like Boston Market's creamed spinach which is good, it just didn't seem to compliment the chicken for me.
I think that this would be better made with broccoli. The sauce was good. The spinach tasted like Boston Market's scalloped spinach which is good, it just didn't seem to compliment the chicken for me.
The flavour of the sauce is amazing.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >