Saucy Franks with Rice Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in drippings until tender. Add pineapple juice, ketchup, salt and chili powder; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add hot dogs; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 381 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 979mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Franks with Rice
"Our family likes this dish for a quick meal for Saturday lunch."
"I fall back on this recipe time and again when I'm short on time. I add pineapple chunks and use smoked sausage for a change."