Saucy Franks with Rice Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in drippings until tender. Add pineapple juice, ketchup, salt and chili powder; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add hot dogs; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 381 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Franks with Rice
"Our family likes this dish for a quick meal for Saturday lunch."
"I fall back on this recipe time and again when I'm short on time. I add pineapple chunks and use smoked sausage for a change."