Saucy Fish Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 panfish or cod fillets (about 1 pound)
- Canola oil
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill at least 1 hour. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Cut fish to fit buns; dip fillets into egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown fish in a small amount of oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve on buns with lettuce and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Fish Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Fish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review