- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- CARAMEL BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve with warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Cranberry Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p53
Reviews for Saucy Cranberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2010
"The sweet caramel sauce is a great compliment to the tart cranberries. The cake itself is light and fluffy. Eating the cake when it's still warm from the oven is excellent."