Saucy Comforting Chicken
When you don't need to cook for a whole crew, try this smaller sized casserole that feeds just a few. "The saucy combination of chicken and rice is one of our favorite suppers," assures Edna Thomas of Warsaw, Indiana.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil
- and butter until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are
- tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake
- at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly and rice is tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium,