- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil and butter until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Comforting Chicken
"Very good recipe. My soup turned out to be more of a thick stew-type soup with great flavor - love the chili powder (even added some fresh cracked pepper for more kick). I did not add the butter - didn't need it. Thanks for submitting. Will make many more times"
"This recipe is very tasty. The onions and peppers give it good flavor and the little bit of chili powder gives it pep. I will definately prepare it again."