- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, brown sugar, water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice and cooking juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Chinese Pork Chops
"Very good and very easy. Love crock pot meals. Tweaked it just a little- added diced bell pepper and thickened sauce with cornstarch/water mix."
"Just ok. Probably won't make again."
"Easy recipe but very bland!!"
"Very easy and yummy..... the soy sauce/ginger added such a great taste! Baked it at 350 for 2 hours covered and it was tender and fully cooked."
"Made this today since I errands to run and would not have time to make dinner. Followed directions and got rave reviews. Perfect for hot summer days. Will make again."