- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the celery, carrots, onion and chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, thyme, pepper and tarragon; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Mix cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken with Veggies and Rice
Sort By :
"Rather upset...the receipe in the slowcooker receipe says to add the next five ingredients to the crockpot and cook...then says to mix cornstarch and wine or broth...I just added the five and then realized it didn't sound right. I'm not a super cook so I didn't catch it first. Disappointed because its probably not going to come out right."
"Was a quick easy recipe but my wife and I did not care for the flavor. Was OK but not good enough to make again."
"This is an excellent recipe and will certainly make it again. Did change a couple things. decreased pepper to 1/2 tsp. and added about 1 cup chicken broth in crock pot as it seemed too dry with just the 1 can cream of mushroom soup, etc. Turned out wonderful! My husband loved it."
"This is one of my family's FAVORITE recipes! My husband and four year old even eat the vegetables! It is really good on a cold day and I reccommend serving it with some nice fresh baked rolls."
"This has way too much pepper. Would definitely make this again but with a lot less pepper."